Skip to main content


Adult Education Frequently Asked Questions:
  • Is Financial Aid Available? 
    Yes, Federal Pell grants and other forms of aid are available to those who qualify; which is determined by the federal government based on the person’s previous year W2. It is only available for programs that are 600 hours or longer.   
  • Is Job Placement Assistance Provided? 
    Beginning this year we will have services available to students in the career development programs. They will include interview skills, resume writing and job search techniques. 
  • What Credentials or Certifications Are Received Upon Program Completion?
    CVCC is not a credit granting institution. We are part of the University System of Ohio through which students can receive credit for certain education programs completed at CVCC. Articulation agreements are in place with degree granting institutions which give students credit for selected coursework they complete when applying it toward a degree in the same field. 

    Career Development programs have an industry credential that students acquire after completion of the program and an industry exam. 

    Career Enhancement programs prepare students to acquire or advance skills and prepare for entry level positions.  These courses do not have an industry credential offered. The student gets a certificate of completion from CVCC for  the program. 

    Are Discounts Available for Senior Citizens? 
    Discounts are given for District Resident Seniors only; there are NO Free classes. Required age is 60 years or older and living in school districts served by CVCC. They include, Brecksville/Broadview Hts., Cuyahoga Hts., Garfield Hts., Independence, Nordonia Hills, North Royalton, Revere and Twinsburg.
  • Who is Considered a District Resident?
    District residents are members of the 8 districts we serve who pay taxes to those school systems. (Brecksville/Broadview Hts., Cuyahoga Hts., Garfield Hts., Independence, Nordonia Hills, North Royalton, Revere and Twinsburg).

    All others are Non-District residents and pay an additional $10.00 for most classes.
  • Are GED/ESOL Classes Available? 
    Basic Literacy / GED  classes are available at CVCC. Classes are free but you must call 440-891-7647 to register.

    Summer Camp Frequently Asked Questions:
  • How old does my child have to be to go to CVCC's Career Camps?
    Camps are for students who will be entering grades 5-10 in the fall of 2017.

  • What  districts are served by CVCC?
    Brecksville-Broadview Heights, Cuyahoga Heights, Garfield Heights, Independence, Nordonia Hills, North Royalton, Revere, and Twinsburg

  • If my child lives in one of the districts but doesn't go to a district school, can they receive the in-district discount?
    Yes.  Your child would pay the district student fee.

  • Can out-of-district residents attend?
    Yes.  Enrollment is open to out-of-district students.  Camp tuition is $195.00 for students living within the School Districts served by CVCC, students outside of these districts tuition is $205.00.  
How can I find out more information about the camps?
Click here for camp descriptions and forms.